Tuesday 25 February 2014

Oh my....!

Oh my...! just look how long it's been sine my last post! I'm so sorry, peeps. I hope you'll forgive me once you've heard the reasons for my silence..

As you know, last year I split with my partner and bought a house. Moving house is always stressful, but I've had a bit of a roller coaster ride. We moved in on 13th December in a bid to speed up the builders... They soon left, but on 18th December catastrophe struck. You see, we've had rain here almost non-stop since the end of November. At its worst, we had the most terrible storms with driving rain and gale force winds, all of which took its toll on my little house - and my sanity! We had water coming in everywhere, including down the flue that was to service my new wood burner... Christmas was bleak. New Year was bleaker. But I'm pleased to report that things are looking up. After spending an additional £2500 (on top of the £12,000+ it took to modernise the place - phew!) to repair the roof and guttering, and having removed one of the leaky chimneys (I need the other one for my wood burner, so that's been repaired), we are now officially watertight! Yay!

So here's what I've been up to:

 
Lounge before

 Lounge after
 
Kitchen before
 
Kitchen after

Kitchen after
 


 
 
As I've been away for so long, I thought that now would be a good time to clear out the cobwebs and re-invent my blog. I'm not sure what I want to do yet, but watch this space...
 
 
By for now :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message. I read every single one and try to reply to as many as possible.

Tried Amazon Prime?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover