Wednesday 20 August 2014

Back to School Boost Sale and the Latest Jack Templar Novel

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Sos-supply
 
Today's the day! It's the Back to School Boost Sale at TPT! Everything - yes everything - in my store is discounted at 20%. And if you use the code BOOST at checkout, you'll bag an additional discount, making a total of 28%.

All of my newest Common Core "I Can" Statements and Checklists bundles - usually selling at $10 each - are now available for just $8. When combined with the additional discount at checkout, this works out at around $7.84. That's amazing! They're available for all four strands (language, reading, writing and speaking and listening) for Grades 1-5, and language, reading and writing for Kindergarten.

Grade 5Grade 3

Grade 2Kindergarten



Why not take the opportunity to stock up for Christmas now? Take a look at these tasty morsels...

Father Christmas goes on Vacation -  and character exploration ($4 before additional discount)
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Writing-and-Character-ExplorationFather-Christmas-Goes-on-Holiday-Activity-Pack-478179

The Polar Express - activities to accompany the book and film ($4 before additional discount)
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/The-Polar-Express-Activities-to-Accompany-the-Book-and-Film-442553

Jesus' Christmas Party - nativity play with a difference ($4 before additional discount)
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Jesus-Christmas-Party-a-Nativity-Play-with-a-difference-423644

Jesus' Christmas Party - activities to accompany the book and the play ($4 before additional discount)
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Jesus-Christmas-Party-Full-Unit-of-Activities-for-Christmas-430957


Now to my book review.

I am pleased to be joining in with a Book Review Blitz for “The Templar Chronicles” middle grade/young adult book series by Jeff Gunhus.  I’ve had the pleasure of reading and reviewing each of the three books.  They are FANTASTIC!

 
"Yeah, you read it right. I’m a monster hunter. Back before I actually became one, I would have thought that sounded totally awesome. And don’t get me wrong, in a lot of ways it is. But most of the time, I’m either running for my life or hiding in the shadows, praying the monster chasing me doesn’t pick up my scent. And I’m almost always scared to death. In a few pages, I think you’ll see why.
 
But there are a few things I need to warn you about before I tell you my story.
 
First, this isn’t a cartoon. These are bloodthirsty creatures who will stop at nothing to kill. They are scary. Very scary. Second, the only way to stop them is to kill them first...and that gets gross and messy. Third, this is all real.
 
You think I’m kidding, don’t you? I can almost see you smirking as you read this. But this isn’t a joke."
 
We all know how difficult it can be to engage reluctant readers, especially boys. If you're anything like me, you spend hours and hours scouring book shops, libraries and any other nook or cranny for the golden nugget that will appeal to these children. So imagine how thrilled I was to find the Jack Templar Chronicles.
 
This series of books charts the adventures of Jack, who discovers on his fourteenth birthday that he is a monster hunter with very strange powers. The books are thrilling and keep the reader captivated from cover to cover. Full of energy and adventure, the plots are well-written and the characters believable.
 
The books were well written and fun to read, with more than a dash of humour. I challenge any young person not to get dragged into the world of Jack Templar and love it!
 
All three Jack Templar books that I reviewed are available on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message. I read every single one and try to reply to as many as possible.

Tried Amazon Prime?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover